Thursday, May 14, 2009

Kashi's Taste Tester Panel

The most recent market research/taste testing opportunity that I have discovered, just in the past few weeks! Kashi occasionally offers free product coupons to all - you may recall seeing commercials for the TLC cookies or, more recently, the free entrees. They also offer the Taste Tester Panel, which you can sign up for here: http://www.kashi.com/account/new

My first product, which I need to go pick up at my next grocery visit, is the new GoLean waffles. I'll share my review when I've sampled them!

In the meantime, here are my reviews on the advertised free products that I've received from Kashi (and I will post those opportunities to get a coupon, as well, as they arise).

  • Frozen Entree - Kashi gave away some free coupons to sample their frozen dinners. I tried the Mayan Harvest Bake, which is described on their website as: "Mayan Harvest Bake: Plantains with roasted sweet potato, black beans and kale. Spicy ancho sauce with pumpkin seed garnish served over Kashi seven whole grain polenta, plus amaranth."

    This is SO DELICIOUS. I wasn't sure what to think of it based solely on staring at packaging, but it had pretty good nutritional stats, and was one of the lowest in sodium, so I decided to give it a go. It was the best frozen dinner I have ever tried. It didn't taste frozen AT ALL. It was so good that I went directly to the freezer case at my next grocery trip to see if they were on sale. Alas, they were not... but they are this week!
  • TLC Cookies-- Kashi is currently conducting a snack drive, encouraging people to turn in their bad-for-you snacks in exchange for a healthier one from Kashi. Described on their website as: "Our Oatmeal Dark Chocolate cookies feature rolled whole oats with rugged chunks of dark chocolate."

    Sample: I tried the TLC Oatmeal Dark Chocolate Cookie.

    Review: It was pretty good. It was a little on the dry side, but with some milk or water, it was fine. The grains weren't overpowering, and the dark chocolate was a nice addition. Recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment