Thursday, May 14, 2009

General Mills' Pssst!

Another market research/taste testing opportunity. Visit http://pssst.generalmills.com/join2.php to join. General Mills products include Betty Crocker, Pilsbury, Bisquick, Muir Glen, Progresso, Yoplait, etc. I've been on this list for awhile and have only received one opportunity so far, and a few coupons. I'm not sure that everyone is getting the same opportunities, as I've heard other people have received a lot more of them, but still, free food and coupons of any kind are always appreciated.

The first product was excellent - delivered to my door last November and full of coupons to share with others. I only just now received a second product coupon which is only for $1.35 off of a new Fiber One bar.

I also like that they gave me this lovely picture to share with y'all of the product too... here's the info on the first product:

Sampled: Romano's Macaroni Grill Restaurant Favorites - 4 different kinds. I tried Creamy Basil Parmesan Chicken & Pasta.

Photobucket

Product is described on the website as: A classic restaurant favorite to make at home in just 20 minutes.

Review: Excellent! It's a little high in the sodium and carb departments, but for a quick meal, this is great. (It's probably actually healthier than what you get in the restaurant anyway, especially since I used skim milk in ours). The kit comes with pre-measured amounts of everything - just add milk and chicken (or whatever meat or fake meat you prefer). It also suggested butter for cooking the chicken, but I just used some nonstick cooking spray and thought it worked nicely. This took under 30 minutes to get on the table. I capped it off by steaming some asparagus and laying it on top of the pasta, before sprinkling with some parsley to really get the "restaurant" look going. All three of the individuals who ate it with me also gave it a big thumbs up -- after cleaning their plates, of course! It serves 5, so I was able to save a helping to reheat for lunch the next day - it met that expectation, as well, reheating beautifully. Highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment