Sunday, September 13, 2009

Grocery Store News

  • Giant Eagle -- I am not sure if all the Giant Eagles have implemented this, but the ones near me have, so it is worth checking out. The self check-out lanes have been reprogrammed to accept the vast majority of coupons on their own, including Internet printed coupons. This used to be a hassle since you'd have to get someone to come put in their employee code, but now you can just ring everything up yourself! Saves the hassle of arguing with uncooperative cashiers about accepting the coupons and what-not. It really has made shopping there extremely pleasant for me these last few weeks, so hopefully that is the case for you too! Ironically, the only coupons so far that it hasn't accepted are the ones printed by the machine at Giant Eagle. Neither of my cats have rung up without assistance the last two times, even the one for Giant Eagle brand milk printed by their own machine!! LOL
  • Kroger -- At the stores near me, if you use your Kroger brand reusable shopping bags, they will give you a raffle ticket to enter a raffle for a $25 gift card to Kroger! You can get a ticket each time you visit with your Kroger shopping bags. Usually I just grab whatever reusable bag is nearest me, but you better believe I'll be checking for the Kroger one specifically now on :) So it is worth checking out if your store is participating in this too.

No comments:

Post a Comment